Friday, January 30, 2009

Personal Computer story

My first experience using a computer was back in elementary school. We had computer class once or twice a week in which we would practice typing and play games, educational or just for fun. I remember using the typing program Mavis Beacon and it was sort of a class contest to see who could get the highest words per minute. The first game I remember playing on the computer was Oregon Trail and I loved it. The first time I used a personal computer at home on a regular basis was in middle school. We had a computer at our house and I would use it first for instant messaging, and then as I got older I used it for email, school work etc. I did not become a big internet user until well into high school and now I’m on the internet quite a bit every day.

1 comment:

  1. So Oregon Trail was the greatest...my favorite was either hunting (I liked to off the buffalo like there was no tomorrow) or when suzie got dysentery or jimmy died from typhoid fever! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete